(Senior) Staff Engineer - Packaging and Assembly
Recruiter: IC Resources
Location: California, California, United States of America
The successful candidate will:
* develop assembly processes for complex Hybrid MCM packages meeting DFM, reliability and environmental requirements, as well as meeting electrical and thermal specs.
* work with assembly houses to understand their capabilities, develop assembly processes, including selection of appropriate BOM, and drive development of assembly design guidelines for Hybrid MCM packages.
* interface with package design engineers to ensure design complies with DFM rules, and interfacing with assembly houses for prototype builds, assembly characterization, debugging, and product qualification.
The successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor's or Master degree in Material Science with 8+ years of experience in related area or Ph.D. degree in Material Science with 6+ years of experience
* In-depth knowledge of materials - ceramics, metals, epoxies, solders - material vendors, and processes for assembly of hybrid packages
* Experience in process engineering, developing, designing, manufacturing and qualifying hybrid hermetic MCM modules.
* Hands on experience DOEs for assembly processes optimization and with FA tools.
* Familiarity with MIL standards for Hybrid MCM assembly, reliability and environmental requirements for telecom products - REACH, RoHS and Halogen Free requirements.
* In depth knowledge of front-end and backend technologies, GaAs and Silicon.
* Track record of process development, transfer to production and interface with foundries, material and component suppliers, and assembly turn-key partners.
* Knowledge of assembly processes and experience with package development of low cost packages for silicon (SiP, BGA, WLP, FcBGA, stacked die) is a strong plus.
Salary: Not stated
Job Type: Permanent
Job ref no: J16982_icr
Our client is recruiting a highly experienced package and assembly (senior) staff engineer that can help them with their MCM 40G/100G solution product lines. This fast-growing and profitable company is a pioneer in memory interface components and 40G and 100G networking and communications solutions. By consistently leveraging its core competencies and driving industry innovations, our client has contributed to industry recognized improvements in packaging and process technologies, advanced analog circuit design, power management, and signal integrity; meanwhile achieving double digit growth each year for the last four years