Advanced Semiconductor Packaging Engineer
Recruiter: Dow Corning
Location: US - Remote Location , US - Remote Location , United States of America
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
The ideal candidate:
- has proven Fan Out package expertise
- has wafer level materials experience like temporary bonding materials, photopatternable dielectric materials, and innovative device packaging integration experience
- is hands-on oriented, willing to work in the lab and has an analytical mind (troubleshooting)
- has excellent organization skills: work efficiency and documentation
- is able to manage several projects at the same time
- has good skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- has knowledge of Design of Experiments is an asset
- hasknowledge of Finite Element Analysis is an asset
- Will have good communication skills
- is creative, an excellent team player
- is proactive and shows initiative.
- has excellent English language skills (written, read and spoken); any other language is an asset*
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- MsC(PhD) in material science, (micro)electronics and/or chemical engineering.
The individual in this environment often works at a fast pace with minimum to moderate supervision. The requirements of the business may cause frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
Must be able to:
* Complete multiple tasks and see them through completion.
* Work independently, with excellent time management and judgment in prioritization skills.
* React rapidly to evolving issues and dynamic scheduling situations with utmost discretion.
* Collaborate effectively in team, department, or other work group situations.
* Travel domestically / internationally as required.
We offer a competitive compensation based on skill and experience as well as a flexible benefits package.
Dow Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Salary: Not stated
Job Type: Permanent
Job ref no: 570
The motivated jobholder will support the growth of the electronic applications in the United States, more specifically the support of innovative front-end applications for the Semiconductor Packaging Market with focus on Fan Out applications where application development and application engineering activities are involved.
The position will be based in either Newark, CA or Midland, MI with frequent travel between the two. Relocation Assistance is provided to those that qualify.
- This role will include hands-on lab work, reporting in CRM, literature search, extensive contacts and presentations to internal/external customers, internal and external technical publications.
- Troubleshooting is another important task related to potential reliability and quality problems at customers.
- He/she will work on new applications in fields like innovative packaging solutions especially Fan Out package solutions for the Semiconductor Market using different application methods like spin coating, stencil/screen printing, spraying, molding, ….. for dielectric, bonding and moldable materials.
- The job responsibility includes the successful integration of these materials in the different customer applications. His extensive contacts with customers will allow that customers can become successful with Dow Corning material solutions.
- This requires that the candidate has in depth understanding of different Fan Out packages and understand the integration tradeoffs.
- He/she generates data to be able to share the generated know-how with our customers in ASEAN area and providing the proper technical sales tools and training to other Application Engineering colleagues.
- Both responsibilities require ability to develop of partnerships like research institutions, film manufactures, chemical suppliers and equipment vendors in collaboration with other functions.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful candidate his primary focus is Application Development for new products in Fan Out packages and responsible to work with innovative customers and other partner suppliers to assure the products are meeting the needs of the customer and the application.
- This position will require interaction with other functions like product development, sales and marketing colleagues to share and acquire knowledge.